Thursday 8 January 2009

Fairy Delights

I know, I know, I promised I would let you know about the Christmas party - my first at Cornwall and Devon Media.

But the Christmas holidays ran away with me. No sooner was I complaining that it had arrived to quickly, I blinked and practically missed it.

But not before sampling the delights of an early-hour frolic in a Falmouth Hotel with a load of sideways colleagues.

Fancy dress regulations dictated we dress according to 'musicals', so with the inexperience of never fancy dressing before, I opted for the Moulin Rouge Absynth Fairy.

Not such a plan, I must say.



Mortified at having to spend an evening in what one colleague described as a '12-year-old's outfit', I soon tucked into the vodka cunningly disguised as 'Absynth' for part of my costume.

About 12 and a half minutes later, management spotted the cunning plan and
whisked away said costume prop - only to be retrieved later from
reception, rubber banded to a note reading 'confiscated from a Green
Fairy, table 11'. Well - there aren't many who own a note like that.

Back in the land of the living, I've recently moved to an old Farm House.
One soon discovers the trade-off for old wooden beams and rolling field
views is rubbish heating and frozen water pipes.

But it sure beats the single bed bedsit.

So 2009. New Years resolutions? I pre-judged 4x4 Ulrika Johnson when she entered the Celebrity BB house, only to be mildly surprised at my warming to her. So the resolution is to not judge people I don't know.

As much as possible.

No comments: