Friday 19 February 2010

Tiger the 'sex addict'

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Oh, apart from that one, and that one. And, oh darn it, ok, hands up, I'm a sex addict. Yeah that must be it.

"I'm not a man who simply doesn't think the rules apply to me (although I've admitted that I don't think they do). Nor that I didn't think my wife would ever seriously leave me (taking my kids whom I don't deserve with her). Nor that I thought I was such a massive star my sponsors wouldn't forgive me screwing hookers behind my wife's back left right and centre. I also think that by regurgitating a PR speech I've practised a thousand times in front of the mirror will pretty much get things back on track."

Seriously Tiger, there's nothing more you can say. We get it, you're sorry. You're sorry you were caught and your bubble burst.

People make mistakes - it's human nature- but mistakes on 'Tiger scale'? There are men who think it's ok to cheat - who get off on the secrecy, the excitement of being with someone but their partner - and there are men who don't. I've got to say I think that changing the fabric of your morals in your 30s is akin to the ease of changing your skin or eye colour.

Call me a skeptic but I've heard that speech before from an ex who couldn't keep his dick in his pants. That lasted 15 minutes too. I mean his fidelity. There's no such thing as sex addiction. Just dickheadism.

And yes, women cheat too.

No comments: