Thursday 29 July 2010

The day I met Dave

We're not talking Dave of the Cam, although to give him his dues he has arrived on Cornish soil a couple of times. I wouldn't know what to say to him though, would I?

Would you Adam and Eve it, my #secretcrush David Miliband arrived in Truro last week, looking relaxed in a local pub as he met Labour member, befuddled diners and local digital editors who were very pleased they managed to put some mascara on that morning.

Firstly let's take a moment or two to look back on the last Labour government and how much Cornwall featured on their radar. Now what was his name again? Oh yes, Blair. No, he never came down. Gordon did though. Once.

Picture by Jonathan Jacobs. That's my Concentrating Face by the way...

Anyway, apparently keen to win Cornish Labourites who've been stung after a tactical vote to the yellow in order not to let the blues in (and look where that got me, I mean us), he was (rightly) shocked at the Lib-Con government’s plans to reject European Convergence funding, the majority of which would have benefited Cornwall.


Dave also told me he didn't think coalition governments would be the Way Of The Future, should there be a majority vote at election. He's hoping for a quick and decisive swing back to Labour in the next election. Aren't we all.

UPDATE: I stand duly corrected by @penzancemike and @cernyw - Mr Blair it seems DID come to Cornwall - the proof is in the hair do - I mean pictures...

No comments: