Tuesday 17 August 2010

Must be the format

So I caught Must be the Music on Sky last night.

I say caught, I was really stuck in the depression-filled pit of no-mans-land between Eastenders and Big Brother (God love summer time) and it was simply the only thing on.

To clarify, it was the only thing on which didn’t involve deep mathematical explanations or Oxford professors being interviewed in dusty pompous-filled offices on Discovery.

Picture the scene. Dozens of hopefuls audition in front of 3 judges who give a majority vote as to whether said performer(s) go through to the live finals. Throw into the mix a slightly whiney compare interviewing folk backstage. Hi Fern.Now where have I seen this before?

Judge Dizzee was as to be expected – keepin’ it reeeeel – loving the rappers, the hip-hoppers (should be a word) and the young male teens. Sharleen (from Texas – remember them?) was pretty brutal at times ‘if you’ve been doing this for 15 years you should be doing it better’, but I liked her. She had a touch of the ‘I can’t believe my luck’ about her.

And Jamie. Well, he was just visible over the judges table and voted for all the classical instruments and awkward looking ones *shock*.

Fern, still struggling with dual-toned hair which looks like it could do with a good deep condition, cried, laughed, flirted and generally wished she was Dermot.

Let’s face it, it was X Factor. X Factors poorer less humorous, less glamorous little brother (getting my reality TV all mixed up now…).

Let’s hope it really is all about the music, eh?

No comments: