Friday 15 October 2010

Tate for Tate

UPPDATE:

The BBC are reporting that the Tate is now having to stop people from walking on the 'seeds' due to the toxic dust it's sending into the hall... what a shame.

BLOG:

Loving this exhibition at the Tate's Turbine gallery right now.

Pic c/o TheBerry.com

As What's On editor Lee Trewhela points out - I wonder how many seeds people will try to pocket as a souvenir...

The Tubine Hall is such a versatile space. One of my favourite exhibitions there was The Weather Project which shone your eyes off the moment you walked in. People would bump into each other walking around because they were too busy looking at the 'sun'. I miss not being able to pop in on my walk back to the station from work anymore.

We're not bereft of lovely exhibitions here in Cornwall though. Yesterday I was shown around the Contemporary British Silversmiths exhibition at the Royal Cornwall Museum (which despite its facade-hiding scaffolding is in fact open!) by charming founding committee member and Cornishman Charles Hall. Read my review here.


The Tate in St Ives has also welcomed home one of it's old masters Peter Lanyon. Although the works themselves are at some points so dark you feel like crying, the exhibition itself is an important one. Read that review here.

I've simply swapped one for the other, perhaps.

No comments: