Friday 30 April 2010

Always a woman to me

You know when you see an advert on telly and it gets you sobbing? No? Well it happened to me. Fresh from the success of their wonderfully uplifting Christmas advert , John Lewis did it again.

This went straight over the head of my other half who pointed and laughed at my hormonal blubings, but apparently in the world of the female, it wasn’t just me.



And for perhaps the first time in my life I’m going to link to the Mail, who wrote an article on the uplifting and moving advert which has had Britain ‘sobbing into their breakfast bowls’.

As the ad follows a girl in a red dress as she grows older through the years (yes, I know Рabsolute clich̩ rolled in clich̩) but in typical John Lewis understated style. Modern yet traditional, independent yet family orientated.

She’s Always a Woman To Me by Fyfe Dangerfield lulls you through each developing moment in this woman’s life and, bravo, Mr Lewis, it got me right in the goolies.

No comments: